Tuesday, October 20, 2009

DEEP THOUGHTS

Chris Guillebeau of The Art of Nonconformity  http://chrisguillebeau.com asks  the following questions:

1)  WHAT DO YOU REALLY WANT TO GET OUT OF LIFE?

This question assumes I don’t have it yet, but I do.  I already have everything I could possibly want and more:

-    68 years of being alive, 30 of them with the one I love.
-    All basic needs met in abundance
-    Love in over-abundance: Outrageous-mad-sweet-crazy-hilarious love, against-all-odds love, scandalous love, delicious titillating forbidden love, fake-it-till-you-make-it love, macho love, mother love, puppy love, horny love, dangerous love, unrequited love, up & down/off & on tumultuous fighting love, swoony kind love, neurotic love, old coot love, love-to-smell-new-baby’s-breath love, forgotten love... the list goes on
-    Health & sickness
-    Friends & enemies
-    Success & failure
-    Obsessions
-    And plenty of magic along the way…

So what else is there to want?  Okay, I can work more on Equanimity and Living in the Present, but that’s pretty much an ongoing thing, not an end product.


2)       WHAT CAN YOU OFFER THE WORLD THAT NO ONE ELSE CAN?

Assuming that everything I do affects the world somehow, the best thing then would be for me to unconditionally be happy and grateful.  I take that to be my full-time job.

How to be unconditionally happy and grateful?

"What would you do if you knew that every good thing in your life depended on your getting enough rest? Because it does."
-    Martha Beck, *Steering by Starlight*

-    Barbara Jordan, US Attorney

The answer is loud and clear:

“People of zee world, RELAX.”
-    Tom Robbins, *Fierce Invalids Home from Hot Climates*




No comments:

Post a Comment